Thanksgiving Eggs

With all this extra time on my hands (HA!) since I am no longer working, I have been searching for a place to volunteer. Our church founded a wonderful organization called Mobile Loaves & Fishes that delivers "miracles on wheels." Trucks set out daily to feed the homeless in Austin.

What is great about MLF, the kids can be actively involved too! I have signed my family up for the Egg Ministry. Once a month we are responsible for delivering 3 dozen hard-boiled eggs to the kitchen so they can be loaded on the trucks and distributed. These eggs can be decorated by the little ones. Of course we picked fall colors, used some crayons, and found stickers to finish them off. We will also color prayer cards and wash the food trucks throughout the year. When the kids get older, they can participate in making sandwiches and going on food runs eventually.